Sunday 27 November 2011

1 / 11 backnext View All 2012 ELECTION Top 10 People Really, Truly, Honestly Not Running for President



Even after weeks of fevered divination and his  Sermon on the Mount at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in September, it shouldn’t surprise anyone that New Jersey Governor Chris Christie isn’t running for President. His past statements were definitive even for the realm of politics, where a denial is sometimes just the first flirtatious glance of the courting process. “Short of suicide, I don’t really know what I’d have to do to convince you people that I’m not running,” he told reporters last November, one of countless abnegations he’s issued in the last year. “I’m not running.” Perhaps his  drawn-out announcement on Tuesday that “now is not my time” will buy him a few weeks of respite from rabid reporters and dissatisfied donors eager to see him run.

No comments:

Post a Comment